ARC0/BDII for 0.6.3
- Download at least version 4.0.2-2 from 
- Install bdii into /opt/bdii (default)
This should just be:
"rpm -i bdii*.rpm".
For debian-derivates I have succeeded in installing it by doing:
"alien --scripts --to-deb bdii*.rpm && dpkg -i bdii*.deb"
Installing bdii will put files into /opt/bdii and will create a symlink at /etc/init.d/bdii
Additional info about bdii if you want to know more can be found at: 
Download the new ARC infosys
You can either check out the latest version from SVN, or download the required files manually.
Method 1: SVN
Run the following command
This will create a subdirectory named "gris-replacement" with the files. To update this at a later time you cd into the directory and run
$ svn update
Metod 2: Manual download
Download the required files from  You need:
- the entire schema subdirectory
Install the infosys
- Stop the old infosystem, run /etc/init.d/grid-infosys stop.
- Copy the schema directory and glue-generator.pl to $arc_location/share/ (usually /opt/nordugrid/share/)
- Copy the grid-info-soft-register file to $arc_location/libexec/
- Make a backup of /etc/init.d/grid-infosys so you can revert to the old infosys later.
- Copy the grid-infosys file to /etc/init.d/grid-infosys.
- Copy the config_parser.sh from the arc0 trunk to $arc_location/libexec. It can be found here: 
- If /opt/bdii/etc/DB_CONFIG is missing, take this file from the gris-replacement.
- If you have an old version (2.3.x) of OpenLDAP (For example CentOS5/RHEL5) you now need to add a few workarounds. These will be fixed in later versions.
Edit the file grid-info-soft-register and change:
Edit the following line in the file /opt/bdii/etc/DB_CONFIG:
If your BDB is newer than 4.3 (true on CentOS5) replace the line with:
Otherwise comment the line out.
- If you run Ubuntu, be aware that you will have an apparmor profile for openldap in "/etc/apparmor.d/usr.sbin.slapd". Previously this was not an issue since Globus LDAP does not have a profile. You will need to add "/opt/bdii/* r,", "/var/run/bdii/* rwk," and "/opt/nordugrid/share/** r," permissions to this profile.
- Installation complete! Start the infosys with /etc/init.d/grid-infosys start
Running a GIIS
If you are going to run a GIIS with this version of the grid-infosys script, then you will need the giis-replacement by Mattias Ellert.
This can be found here: 
You have two options here, either set giis_location in arc.conf or copy the server, relay and slapd-hack binaries to /opt/nordugrid/sbin.