Preparation major release 2017
From NorduGridJump to navigationJump to search
- python-lrms (Martin)
- lsf (unclear status)
- sceapi (does not use ssh feature, used in prod),
- no condor planned for 6.0
- fork (would be nice)
- open-ssl (Mattias)
- done, released in arc 5.
- event_driven_job-processing (Alexander)
- too many things not tested
- early deployment on the cloud test, also ask Marek
- new arc-conf (Balazs)
- JURA part missing
- new subblock for localplugin
- testing is critical
- new packages, new dependencies (Mattias)
- status report first, proposal for new structure
- new parser is in the main
- dropping EGIIS
- For the LOCALplugin we would like to be able to install ARC without ldap and gridftp.
- new runtimeenvironment
- single defaults file (Florido)
- further discussion needed in Ljubljana
- zeroconf readiness (Andrii)
- installer, certificate generator, user creator
- ARCHERY (Andrii)
- no new development needed for archery manage.
- deployment (top-level) to be done
- new REST interface (Aleksandr)
- will be technology preview
- New Runtimeenvironment (Andrii)
- missing packaging (environment proxy)
- EGIIS removal (Mattias)
- infosys/registration things will be removed (
- EGIIS client support stays but gets labelled DEPRECATED
- performance-logging - what to do with it? (David)
- security considerations make current version unusable
- Proposal: keep code but remove all related configuration and documentation, this way developers can still use it for internal testing
- clean-up of the old/legacy submission interfaces (Balazs)
- Submission-interfaces CREAM, ARC1.
- ARC0 submission interface should be renamed to something meaningful.
- Data staging rework (David)
- See point B. and 3 in the document.
- Short term urgent issues were already fixed in ARC 5. Awaiting bug report from Jens which outlines remaining scalability problems before deciding what to do for ARC 6.
- site specific batch system patches (Maiken)
- would be nice to release as many as possible from those site patches
- supported platforms for ARC 6 (Mattias, Anders)
- EL6, EL7, Ubuntu LTS 14.04 as the earliest, Debian 8,9
- no windows (we do the necessary cleanup)
- we are working on the 6.0 branch now. This is the "trunk for release 6"
- documentation for python-lrms-with-ssh
- documentation for open-ssl
- documentation for event-driven-job-processing
- documentation for arc-conf restructuring
- new sysadmin guide
Tracking document: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kZ48a1MW0eK02dxPL7ky03yXmdBVN43qywDyZIw9D94/edit?usp=sharing