Data Staging Minutes 070410
Jump to navigationJump to search
Present: David, Dmytro, Aleksandr
- Only SRM endpoints are supported so using the service as-is does not fulfil all our requirements
- Way forward is to take some ideas from FTS and put into own solution
- Upper and middle layer - non-bandwidth consuming so can have lots of 'slots'
- Lower - bandwidth consuming, so limited slots
- These layers could be made pluggable so FTS could be middle and lower layer if desired
- Need to decide which layers have knowledge of jobs - possibly use grouping in middle layer
- Start with taking all supported protocols, explain how they work and interface needed
- Aleksandr - HTTP, FTP, GridFTP
- David - SRM, LFC
- Other protocols - RLS?
- Aim to have a description of interfaces by the NG conference in Ljubliana
- Not possible next week. Next date to be decided