ARC 0.8rc2 TODO
Jump to navigationJump to search
- Make sure A-REX supports the same range of batch systems as Grid Manager
- done, A-REX now supports SLURM (fixed by Adrian Taga and Marek Kocan).
- properly integrate the bdii patch: "If you are using a system where /bin/sh IS NOT equal to /bin/bash, then you will need: http://svn.nordugrid.org/repos/workarea/gris-replacement/bdii-patches/bdii.patch This is true for example on Ubuntu where /bin/sh points to the more sh-strict Dash shell.
- create a bdii-ng package with all the required patches e.g., "patch which allows you to turn on/off the bdii self-monitoring service http://svn.nordugrid.org/repos/workarea/gris-replacement/bdii-patches/bdii-update.patch"
- Sergio got a wrong flavour of globus linked on centos, reason unknown
- nordugrid core build failure on Fedora 11 (http://download.nordugrid.org/builds/index.php?pkgname=nordugrid-arc&type=0.8),
- sgas compatibility?
- SGAS works with 0.8rc2
- Would be nice to resolve the following bugs:
- 849 cpuTime wallTime for parallel jobs
- 880 PID files are ignored by startup scripts
- 1286 ARC client should reject a job description with two input files mapped to the same file name
- 1347 improving ngclean error messages
- 1540 Integrate a log rotation feature into A-REX
- 938 infoprovider scripts abort in case of some missing controldir files
- http://bugzilla.nordugrid.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1506 - fixed but needs investigation whether the fix is compatible with other mysql versions
- Will not be resolved:
- 1239 zero cputime and walltime for jobs killed with ngkill -keep
- 802 review the content of the nordugrid-arc-doc package for 0.8 (Balazs)
- 1543 a-rex from rc2 crashes after few days of running (martin,marek,aleksandr)
- difficult to reproduce, therefore not blocking the release